- Reunite African families who were separated by the Transatlantic Slave Trade
- Encourage identity development, psychological well-being, and a sense of belonging among reunited family members
- Encourage community building and community development
- DNA Testing through AncestryDNA (Autosomal)
- Blog stories about reunion experiences
- Rigorous, peer-reviewed, academic research
- Events, dialogues, and Family Reunions
The director of TAKiR is LaKisha David, a Ph.D. student in the Human Development and Family Studies (HDFS) department of the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign (UIUC).